November 10, 2011
Here at Stonewear Designs, the ladies have finally finished our boot camp challenge, Sexy in Six Weeks led by Sabrina Domenosky. Six weeks of daily work outs, no sugar, no starches and mostly no carbohydrates… but we all feel great! The first few weeks were such a challenge, a deprivation of our comfort food really. After that, we started getting used to our new routines and it was no longer a struggle to get through the day. Now after six weeks, we no longer are forced to complete a boot camp challenge but have found a new way of living our lives. We have become more fit with a consistent daily workout routine and we now know what foods to eat and what foods to avoid. Plus we’ve put the Stonewear Designs clothes to good use and discovered new product ideas. We also have decided not to stop until we have reached our goals. The challenge hasn’t been just about the weight loss but a new healthy way to live. Even though the six weeks are over we have a new way of living a healthy lifestyle that will always stick with us.
During the last weeks of our challenge Sabrina came to our office to give us a personal workout. Brad Clement of Spindrift Films and coincidentally the husband of our personal Drill Sergeant Tonya filmed it. Above is the video and you can see us put our Stonewear Designs to good use while we get our butt’s kicked by Sabrina!
If you’re interested in taking on the challenge and experiencing a change in your lifestyle, please visit www.sexyinsixweeks.com and enter the code stonewear50 to receive 50% off!
Here are a few of our favorite quotes from the workout with Sabrina:
1. “Thank god we found those rice cakes.”
2. “The best part of the program is the cheat meal.”
3. “I’m not eating the blue corn chips with my hummus…I’ve converted to peppers.”
4. “I think she’s lost more than 8 pounds since she started.”
- Tonya talking about Linda
5. “You’re only filming the first 5 minutes right?
“Nope I’m filming the whole thing.”
- Brad Clement
6. “I can tell you’ve all lost weight…. all of your faces look slimmer.”
- Brad Clement who sees the Stonewear women on a regular basis
October 6, 2011
It’s now the third week of our “Sexy in Six” challenge led by Sabrina Domenosky. The Stonewear gals have decided to kick off the season by taking on the six-week boot camp challenge. Let us tell you… it sure has been a kick in the behind to say the least. The main regimen begins with resistance training led by Sabrina on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After watching Sabrina’s video that shows us our workout we are to carry out the training not by time but by form, even though Sabrina claims it doesn’t take longer than 35 minutes. We are lucky enough to have “Stonewear Land” in the office which is the perfect room for our weight training. Of course, the door is shut to keep the boys and the dogs out. Oh and we can’t forget how lucky we are to have Mrs. Drill Sergeant Tonya Clement (Director of Sales for Stonewear Designs) leading our work outs. “Put your butt down,” “More weights,” “No slacking, get farther to the ground”…. These are some of her favorite phrases during the work out.
I believe we would all agree the workout isn’t even the hardest part… it’s the diet restrictions that get us. No sugar, no dairy, nothing processed, limited carbs, and only 2 alcoholic drinks a week! Sabrina says, “If it doesn’t come out of the ground, the sea, or an animal YOU DON’T EAT IT.”
The rest of the week Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are cardio days. These we do on our own time but don’t worry Mrs. Drill Sergeant Clement checks in with us to make sure we’re not cheating with our cardio and especially our diet.
Our favorite part of “Sexy in Six” is Slacker Sunday. Workout is optional and we get one cheat meal, reminder ONE cheat meal a week not one day of cheat meals.
The good news is…. The third week isn’t even over yet and we all have more energy, our pants are fitting again and we’re having a blast with the program. Thank you Sabrina for kicking our butt and getting us back in our skinny jeans!
You can check out Sabrina’s “Sexy in Six” program at www.sexyinsixweeks.com. Notice her beautiful Stonewear Designs clothing, perfect for the training!
Stay tuned for more “Sexy in Six” with the Stonewear Gals. In two weeks Sabrina comes to “StonewearLand” to give us her personal boot camp training and Drill Sergeant Clement’s hubby will film us for a promotional video! Oh boy!
June 18, 2010
- The whole Stonewear team consists of women, even the designers and pattern makers
- We are part of a larger organization, Great Trango Holdings Inc, which also owns Trango, e-Grips, Fast Rope Descenders
- The first season contained 13 styles
- There are 6 direct employees on the Stonewear team
- Sari Nichols founded Stonewear Designs in 1996
- The Stonewear Pant is our longest running style and was designed by Sari in 1999
- The majority of employees live in Boulder, CO
- Stonewear Designs was first inspired by women in the climbing industry
- We support the HERA Women’s Cancer Foundation
- Our fabrics are mostly recycled or organic cotton
- There are 3 main dogs that come to work everyday: Sting, Grace, and Kaia. Dogs Zacho, Lincoln, Zoe, and Ziggy make guest appearances.
- There are no stray cats around the office
- Nichols invented the first ever spaghetti strap top with an internal wrap-around bra in 1996
- Our youngest employee is 22
- The most popular sport among our employees is hiking
- Our Stonewear pants and Rockin pants come in 18 different fits
- Football is the most popular sport to watch by employees
- Stonewear Designs manufacturers its products in LA
- Some of our polyesters are made from recycled pop bottles
- The first pant produced was the Lagotto
- There are 38 styles in the current season
- 80% of employees in the office sit on fitness balls
- The longest working Stonewear employee has worked here 7 years
- Mexican Food is the favorite of Stonewear employees
- The Solace Top and the T-Back Top enjoyed the longest run before they were retired
- In order to become more eco-friendly, organic cotton fabrics were introduced in Spring 2009
- Stonewear employees have come from all over the USA (ie: California, New York, and Oklahoma)
- There are 650 different options of clothing in the current season
- The process for a season begins 18 months to 2 years ahead of its launch date
- Dog training is the brand director’s passion outside of work; however her first name is Kitty
- Nichols was a curvy, voluptuous woman and a hard core rock climber
- Spring 1998 was the first season for Stonewear Designs
- The logo of the curvy woman with an S shaped arm has stayed the same since it was first established
- Stonewear does not have a storefront
- Employees get to wear Stonewear to work
- We are a privately owned company
- Some pieces are named after employees or family members
- One of our employees has stood on top of Mt. Everest, Kilimanjaro, Ama Dablam, and Green Mountain
- In the upcoming Spring 2011 catalog, one of the models is one of our own Stonewear employees
- 3 of our employees previously worked together in the book industry
- Dara Wong